Before we consider what kind of policy the state needs to develop in higher education, in particular the development of private higher education in the coming time, by amending the law on higher education, the Preparatory Commission is changing the project. The law on higher education provides:
The bill amended and supplemented art. 11 and 12 policy of institutionalization of orientation on normalization, modernization, socialization, democratization and international integration. In particular, the state policy regarding the development of higher education includes:
First, develop a higher education system, network planning, adopt policies to reorganize and integrate universities into major universities to improve the quality of high level human resource training to meet demands. socio-economic development, defense and security of the country.
Secondly, land, taxes, loans and other policies for the development of higher education; Invest in higher education in the forms of investment expenditures, research and development, orders for research and training, scholarships, student loans and other forms; Adoption of a mechanism for allocating funds to higher education in accordance with the principles of competition, equality and effectiveness.
|According to the draft act amending and supplementing the act on higher education, the organizational structure model does not distinguish between the legal status, tasks, rights and titles of managing and administrative institutions between public schools. and private. (Photo: VNA)|
Thirdinvesting in the development of a number of higher education institutions, regional and international training disciplines and high quality teacher education institutions; Development of a number of specific branches and institutions of higher education capable of implementing national strategic tasks and tasks related to the development of the country's regions.
Fourthly, to implement socialization of higher education, to encourage the development of private higher education institutions; Recognizing as a priority private nonprofit schools;
Adoption of preferential policies for organizations, enterprises and individuals to invest in education and training, scientific and technological activities in higher education institutions; tax exemptions for donated real estate, support for higher education, scholarships and student loan programs.
Fifthcombining training with market demand for work, use in research and development of science and technology; Promoting cooperation between higher education institutions and enterprises and science and technology organizations; Accepting preferential taxation rules for scientific and technological products of higher education institutions.
Agencies, organizations and enterprises have the right and obligation to receive and create conditions for learners and trainers to practice, practice, conduct research and transfer technology, thus contributing to improving the quality of training.
Friday– have a uniform policy to ensure the independence of higher education institutions in relation to liability; To attract, use and appropriate remuneration to improve the quality of lecturers; Attachment to the development of a contingent of lecturers holding doctorate degrees and leading professors in higher education institutions.
Saturdaypriority is given to beneficiaries of social policy, beneficiaries of ethnic minorities, areas with particularly difficult socio-economic conditions and entities from particular industries to meet the demand for human resources. resources for socio-economic development; Implementation of gender equality in higher education.
Eighthpromoting and promoting international cooperation and integration to develop higher education in Vietnam in the region and the world.
In addition, according to the Drafting Commission, the project has also changed and completed to create the driving force for all higher education institutions, improve the quality of training; Equal opportunities for access to state resources and other resources in higher education, regardless of public and private higher education institutions, are as follows:
– regarding state policy on the development of higher education, equal opportunities, regardless of the public sector, ensures fair and effective competition in access to the state budget and resources (article). State investments are based on products and results, not ownership.
– In terms of staff, public and private teachers in career advancement, and opportunities for education and further training, standard qualifications. The title of lecturer does not depend on the officer's title to equality between public and private school lecturers.
– As far as the development opportunities of higher education institutions are concerned, private higher education institutions can be transformed into universities if they meet the conditions laid down by law, without distinction.
– As far as university administration is concerned, the organizational structure model does not distinguish between the legal status, responsibilities, authority and names of managing and managing authorities between public and private schools (all have school management, organizational structure and staff similarities); It does not discriminate in terms of the organizational structure of privately funded private and private private sector invested from abroad.
At the same time, the draft law has renewed the financial regime for private higher education institutions, in particular the draft law on higher education provides:
– The financial part of the difference between the revenues and expenses for training and the research and technological activities of private higher education institutions must be at least 25% for investments in the development of higher education institutions, for educational activities, material basics, equipment purchase, training and retraining of lecturers, educational administrators and workers in the service of educational activities and activities of students. , Social Responsibility.
In the case of private higher education institutions operating for non-profit purposes, the entire financial part of the difference between income and expenditure for an annual calculation is the common, non-categorical common good of the school community for continuation. Investments in the development of higher education institutions (Article 66).
– Private schools will be able to independently determine the amount of tuition fees commensurate with the quality of training services at the social level / students may accept the appropriate self-control mechanism to create competition, improve quality. Attract students.