The welcome of Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuca and the delegation at the airport on the Pacific side of New York was accompanied by Deputy Prime Minister Sabine Sahib, APEC Minister responsible for Kenya, Mayor Mo Pbai P. On the Vietnamese side was the deputy minister of industry and trade Tran Quoc Khanh. The welcome ceremony took place in the bold and traditional penguin culture of New York, singing and performing the ethnic art of indigenous peoples.
* As part of the 26th APEC Summit, on November 17 in the afternoon, Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc took part in the APEC Leaders' welcome ceremony in official and traditional ceremonies. PM Pua-neua P. O. He should lead the welcome ceremony.
* After the ceremony, Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc took part in the APEC leaders' meeting with the ABEC Business Advisory Board (ABAC). During the dialogue, ABAC members representing the business environment in the Asia-Pacific region presented important recommendations for APEC leaders to further support regional economic integration, combining, supporting the multilateral trading system, developing the digital economy, creating favorable conditions for enterprises, especially micro, small and medium-sized enterprises, to join the global value chain, development and construction APEC vision after 2020 …
APEC leaders applauded the important recommendations of the business community and contributed to the prosperity of the region, confirming that it will consider its proposals while developing the orientation of cooperation. APEC, as well as in the development policy of every economy.
* On the same day, Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc and the President of Indonesia, Prime Minister of Australia and Head of the Taipei-China delegation presided over the meeting with ABAC. Enterprises have expressed specific concerns about free and open trade, the digital economy and cybersecurity, sustainable growth, fair sharing of the benefits of trade liberalization for everyone. . Many members of ABAC congratulate Vietnam on the ratification of the comprehensive partnership agreement and transpacific alliance (CPTPP), confirming that this is an excellent opportunity for foreign entrepreneurs to invest and do business in Vietnam. Vietnam.
In an interview with representatives of the business community in the region, Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc stressed that the adoption of the CPTPP by the National Assembly on 100% of participants confirmed that Vietnam is determined to continue. Comprehensive reform, active, active international integration, pro-liberal and open support for trade and openness, based on principles and high standards. CPTPP brings many strategic and economic benefits to members, including Vietnam. Among them, motivating Vietnam to intensify institutional reforms, restructure the economy, improve investment and business conditions, improve labor productivity, quality and competitiveness, expand the economic and development links, create opportunities for enterprises to deepen their involvement in value chains and global production chains. The CPTPP also poses many challenges to Vietnam, especially in the area of fierce competition on the domestic market, which requires new problems. The Prime Minister underlined that with the ratification of the CPTPP, in connection with the signing and ratification of the Free Trade Agreement between Vietnam and the EU (EVFTA), Vietnam will join the network of 16 free trade agreements with almost 60 partners. The economic integration of Vietnam really moved to a new stage, bringing great benefits to the business community in the region.
In talks with enterprises about the preparations of Vietnam for the digital economy, the Prime Minister confirmed that Vietnam is actively preparing infrastructure for the digital economy, in particular the construction of technical infrastructure. strong digital convergence, e-government building, smart cities … According to the law, the government has issued many important policies to create favorable conditions for the development of the digital economy. The Prime Minister calls on the business community in the region and ABAC to actively support policies, increase investments and share experiences, so that Vietnam can develop its digital economy and serve the practical interests of enterprises. .
On the same day, Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc took part in a meeting of APEC leaders with the inhabitants of the Pacific islands. The leaders from 14 Pacific islands took part in the dialogue with the theme "Partnership for a futuristic number".
Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc suggested further strengthening and complementarity between APEC and the Pacific Island Forum to promote sustainable, transparent and highly flexible regional economic integration. . The Prime Minister expressed his gratitude to the economies of Asia and the Pacific, including several Pacific Island countries, for supporting Vietnam as the only candidate in the field of candidacy as a non-permanent member of the Council. UN Security Council deadline 2020 – 2021 and we look forward to further support of Forum members in the coming time.
* On this occasion, Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc met with Prime Minister Vaughan C. Saai.
Prime Minister Vuong Sa Saam confirmed the importance of friendship and cooperation with Vietnam; Both sides are expected to strengthen exchange of delegations at all levels to promote bilateral relations. The announcement will be opened by the General Consulate Office in Ho Chi Minh City. Prime Minister Vajiralong confirmed that Vietnam supports the candidacy of Vietnam for the unstable position of the United Nations Security Council for the period 2020-2021.
Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc welcomed the opening of the Consulate General's office in Ho Chi Minh City; It was announced that Vietnam promoted the Honorary Consul in Vanuatu. The two prime ministers agreed to actively implement the Memorandum of Understanding on technical cooperation and development; Facilitation of negotiations, signing of visa waiver agreements for holders of diplomatic and official passports, aviation agreements, cooperation agreements on fisheries, forestry, fisheries …
The two prime ministers underlined the importance of maintaining a peaceful, stable and regional environment based on international law, ensuring security, safety, freedom of navigation and freedom.
* During talks with US entrepreneurs at APEC, including large corporations such as UPS, Cargill, Google, Johnson & Johnson …, Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc stressed that Vietnam is one of the most important partners in which trade and investment cooperation it is the cornerstone and the driving force of bilateral relations. With bilateral turnover increasing 38 times in the last 18 years, and the turnover of US exports to Vietnam in 2018 will increase by 37%, the Prime Minister stressed, the potential for trade cooperation between Both countries are still very large and American companies are asking to continue their operations in Vietnam. The prime minister confirmed that the government, ministries and branches of Vietnam always pay attention to the opinions of enterprises, including American enterprises, to solve the difficulties and problems in the investment process, running a business in Vietnam. Business leaders appreciated the determination of the Vietnamese government in tectonic development, continued to intensify innovation and international integration; confirming the commitment to continue investing and accompanying the development of Vietnam.
* Also on November 17-11, Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of Foreign Affairs Pham Binh Minh, talks with Minister of Foreign Affairs Pablo New York R.Photo.
Both parties agreed measures to further promote relations in the coming time, including exchange of delegations, investment promotion and economic activity in areas related to the strength of both countries, such as fisheries cooperation, agriculture. Foreign Minister R.Pack said that Papua New Guinea wants to import rice directly from Vietnam, expects that Vietnam will support doctors' training and cooperation in the field of supply. provide medical services to New Papua New Guinea. Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Pham Binh Minh praised the ministers, sectors and enterprises of both countries to promote the aforementioned areas of cooperation and asked Pueblo New York to coordinate the proceedings in this matter. Fishermen – Vietnamese ships in the spirit of friendship and humanitarian aid. Foreign Minister R.Phacker thanked Vietnam for his help in organizing the 2018 APEC year in New Papua New Guinea, confirming his support for Vietnam as a non-permanent member of the Security Council. The United Nations for the period 2020-2021.