1 of 4
- The kidneys are very important organs that require care and attention.
- In case of suffering from any illness that affects its functioning, the ideal is to pay great attention to what we eat.
- The National Institute for Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases recommends reviewing certain foods.
The kidneys perform several functions, and one of the major is to purify the blood and keep it chemically balanced. So, kidney failure requires care and attention, especially in the food being treated.
What happens if there is a failure? According to the Mayo Clinic, kidney failure occurs when the kidneys lose the ability to filter the waste from the blood, and without filtration, the waste can accumulate at harmful levels, and this, in turn, violates the chemical composition of the blood.
If this is your case, in addition to the medicines prescribed by a specialist, I take into consideration these foods that can help you.
According to the National Institute for Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Disease, patients with kidney disease should have low-potassium and protein diets.
YOU CAN BE JOINT: Do you want to improve your digestion? Discover why pineapple works wonders
On the following list you will find real food so that renal disease is not complicated:
– White rice
– rice milk (not enriched)
– Cereals of wheat and grapes
It is important that if you have complications in the kidneys, avoid high-phosphorus foods, sausages and some fresh poultry meat.
Nutrition Specialist Fernanda Alvarado mentions that, besides taking dietary considerations, it is necessary to reconsider your lifestyle because there are harmful habits to the kidneys, such as:
– The abuse of salt in food, the ingredient of which can be replaced by herbs and spices.
– Excessive use of analgesics such as paracetamol or ibuprofen.
– Drink some water.
– Eat too much sugar, especially for people who have diabetes or high blood pressure.
– Drinking alcohol.