Saturday , September 26 2020

UK Tables: Pokémon Sword and Shield Achieve Huge Weekend Sales



[ad_1]

But new games can't find the Sun and the Moon

Share this article

The Pokémon and Shield match enjoyed a strong open weekend in the UK boxing tables.

The only Pokémon match is No.1 in the UK and the biggest exclusive game of the year. In fact, the Pokmon sword is the third consecutive boxing launch in 2019, behind FIFA 20 and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (which were released on multiple platforms).

Pokémon Field enters No. 3. To mix things up, the dual pack – Pokmon Sword and Shield: Dual Edition – is listed separately and arrives at No.7. For the following analysis, we will combine the sales of the three lists (sword, shield and double issue). However, since the "double version" is both a match and a Shield pack, we place the brackets on what the numbers would be if you considered this version to be dual (since it includes both games).

Combined, the titles secured the second-largest launch of Pokémon games in UK history, selling 33% (or 43%) more of the 2010 Nintendo DS Black and White units. The new games also sold 53% (or 64.6%) more launch units than last year's Pokmon Let & # 39; s Go Pikachu and Let & # 39; s Go Eevee, which were also released on the Nintendo Switch.

However, they could not overthrow the success of Pokémon Sun and Moon. The Sun and Moon were announced during the 2016 Pokémon Go phenomenon and together they represent the largest Nintendo launch in the UK (so far). Compared to those 3DS games, debut sales of Sword & Shield are 39% (or 34.5%) lower.

It is worth noting that digital downloads, which are increasing for Nintendo, are not included in this sales data. Sun and Moon were also released during the more positive IP period, with sword and shield the subject of criticism from some fans during the election campaign.

Among Pokémon's releases is Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order at No.2. It's a very strong opening for EA's new adventure in Star Wars and it's the fourth biggest boxing launch of the year so far.

Sales are 33% lower than EA Star Wars – Star Wars: Battlefront II's latest big game, which was released in November 2017. However, EA has stated that it does not have the same level of expectation for this title as the adventure-story, than the multiplayer shooter. Furthermore, digital sales are not included.

The PS4 version of the fall warrant accounted for 66% of sales, and the Xbox One release accounts for the remaining 34%.

The only other new game in the Top 40 is Terminator Resistance No. 38.

Last week's big release was Death Stranding for the PS4. Hideo Kojima suffered a significant drop in its second week of sales, falling 71% in sales. That is why the game goes down from no.2 to no.8.

Need for Speed: Heat, which debuted at No. 5 last week, is down 38% on sales and is down to No. 11. Meanwhile, Mario & Sonic at the Tokyo 2020 Olympics actually increased sales during its second week (sales increased by 12%), yet the game still drops from No.8 to No.10.

With Mario Kart 8: Deluxe at No.9 and Luigi's Mansion 3 at No. 6, there are six Nintendo Switch exclusives in the Top Ten.

Other notable successes for Nintendo this week are Minecraft on Switch increasing 31% week-on-week (but still falling from No. 9 to No. 12), while Ring Fit Adventure's sales are up 36% and fitness games ranges from No.19 to No.15 as a result.

Ubisoft's Just Dance 2020, which was also released last week, drops from No. 15 to No. 25. However, game sales dropped only 19% week-on-week. Jumanji Movie Tie: The video game went down from No. 16 to No, 35, after a 37% slide in sales.

Here is the top ten of UKIA / GfK for the week ending November 16:

Last week This week Title
New issue 1 Sword Pokémon
New issue 2 Eddie's War of the Eddies: Decline
New issue 3 Pogmon shield
1 4 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
3 5 FIFA 20
4 6 Luigi 's House 3
New issue 7 Pokmon Sword & Shield: Dual Edition
2 8 Death stuck
6 9 Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
8 10 Mario and Sonic at the Tokyo 2020 Olympics

[ad_2]
Source link