FOX 2 – Ford Motor Workers' United Car Members have ratified the 2019 Collective Bargaining Agreement by 56.3 per cent, UAV announced tonight.
"Every Ford employee and temporary worker will be at their highest full-time status at the end of this four-year contract," the acting chairman said. president of OAU, Rory Gamble, who is the director of the Ford UAV department. "This is a life-changing deal for many and offers a template for all future members of the Ford UAW full-time and top-level status. There will be no more permanent temporary situations and more permanent levels. "
The ratified agreement includes a $ 9,000 economic package per full-time signing bonus, performance bonuses, two 3% annual increments and two 4% lump sums and maintenance of health care expenses.
"I want to thank the Ford negotiation team and the many staff and members of UAV who came together and worked out a strong agreement for both today's and future members," Gamble said. "Ford's commitment to workplace safety and assembly in the United States is a model for American manufacturers." Ford Motor Company has more members of OAU than all other car manufacturers in the United States.
UAV will continue with a form for negotiating with the CA on Monday.
New deal for Ford UAW includes $ 6 billion investment in Ford production facilities and generates or provides $ 8,500 per hour during the four-year contract
Other highlights by the release include:
The deal improves Ford engine capacity utilization while maintaining optimum plant capacity utilization at the company's North American plant
Hourly employees receive salary increases, bonuses, profit sharing and other benefits
Increasing US labor costs is in line with projected US labor cost inflation; cost structure similar to domestic competitors
"We are pleased to have been able to reach an agreement quickly with the UAW without costly disruption to production," said oeo Heinrichs, president of Ford Automotive. "This deal helps Ford strengthen our competitiveness and protect well-paid manufacturing jobs. Working with the UAW, we have added flexibility to our operations while maintaining labor costs in line with the anticipated US costs of producing inflation and yet rewarding our workers for their important contributions to the company. "
The statement said the terms of the new agreement give Ford opportunities to improve production and operating conditions, including:
- Increased use of temporary staff
- Closing a motor plant, improving the utilization of plant production capacity, while offering all workers jobs at a nearby factory
- Special retirement program that will improve workforce composition, reduce labor costs
- No Retirement Increase or Retirement Payments Ford's working hours also receive a number of benefits, including: a $ 9,000 ratification bonus for full-time and $ 3,500 for temporary employees
- Guaranteed path to full-time full-time employment for temporary workers
- Increase salaries, bonuses and continuous profit sharing, allowing employees to participate in the success of the company
- Opportunity for current progressives and temporary staff to achieve top pay by the end of the contract
This deal keeps Ford's labor cost structure similar to its domestic competitors