Microsoft held its annual hardware launch event on Wednesday.
- It introduced the Surface Pro 7 laptop / tablet hybrid and the Surface Laptop 3 – updates to existing devices.
- Notably, though, Microsoft had more brand-new devices to discuss than those widely-anticipated refreshes.
- Microsoft also unveiled the super-slim Surface Pro X, the dual-screen Surface Neo, and the biggest surprise of all: An Android-powered smartphone with two screens called the Surface Duo. It also announced wireless earbuds called the Surface Earbuds.
- That's four announced all-new devices, compared to two more conventional refreshes.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Microsoft held its big Surface event on Wednesday, where the company announced its brand new lineup of laptops and other hardware for the coming year and beyond.
At the event, you've got a look at the new Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 – devices that have more or less simple refreshes over their predecessors, save for some interesting new tidbits. The new Surface Pro 7, for instance, finally adds a USB-C port.
However, Microsoft has also introduced brand new, never-before-seen devices that blur the lines between tablets and laptops, including the Surface Pro X and the Surface Neo. The company even announced an Android-powered phone called the Surface Duo, as well as the wireless Surface Earbuds.
If you have no idea what those last few devices are, scroll down to find out: