Prince Harry with his wife Megan Markle
The Duke of Sussex said his wife was one of the new victims of the British tabloid, sparking campaigns against private individuals.
Prince Harry and his wife Megan Markle sued the Sunday Mail tabloid, which previously published a private letter from the Duchess of Sussex and her publisher, the Associated Newspaper.
"We believe in freedom of the media and objective, genuine journalism. <...> We need responsible media like never before. Unfortunately, my wife has become one of the new victims of the British tabloid, spurring campaigns against private individuals, not thinking about the consequences – and this relentless campaign only intensified over the past year, during her pregnancy and caring for our newborn son. " the official said a statement by the British prince.
He also remembers his mother, Princess Diana, who died in a car accident because of the paparazzi exile.
"I lost my mother and now I see my wife becoming a victim of the same powerful forces," Prince Harry said.
According to him, publishing a personal letter from the Duchess of the tabloid is a way to manipulate the reader's opinion. The prince pointed out that the letter was edited and reduced in such a way as to give the impression that the tabloid needed its author.
"I have witnessed her secret suffering for many months. Staying away and doing nothing would go against everything we believe in, "the Duke of Sussex said.
Mail remuneration on Sunday in the event of a court win will be directed at the bait campaign. The newspaper itself has not yet commented on the lawsuit.
Recall, Prince Harry's wife Megan Markle gave birth to a boy on May 6. The parents did not present the child to the public on the day of birth, as did Kate Middleton and Prince William.
News from Correspondent.net on the Telegram. Subscribe to our channel https://t.me/korrespondentnet