Saturday , April 17 2021

DOLE will still stop the work of the Skyway contractor after the fall of the carrier, says Belo



A steel girder for part of the Skyway extension under construction crashed into passing vehicles on Saturday morning, leaving at least one dead and four others injured. Photography is courtesy of Norberti Della Cerna

MANILA – The Department of Labor said on Tuesday it had yet to issue an arrest warrant for a contractor for the Skyway Extension project after a steel girder fell and shattered vehicles along the Eastern Service route to Mountinlupa last Saturday, leaving 1 dead and 4 injured. .

Labor Secretary Sylvester Bello III said he would base his decision on a report by the agency’s regional director in Metro Manila, which has yet to reach his office.

“I was expecting the report yesterday. I am not aware of any stop order issued by any of our officers, our Regional Director of NCR (National Capital Region) or the Executive Director of the Center for Occupational Safety and Health … Based on that report we will “I have to issue orders or memoranda,” he told ANC’s Headstart.

The Office of the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) National Capital Region (NCR) on Monday issued an order to stop work against EEI Corporation, the contractor for the Skyway Extension Project after a steel girder and crushed vehicles fell on the eastern service road to Mount last Saturday, leaving 1 dead and 4 injured.

DOLE-NCR said the work stoppage order would cover the entire project because they were investigating possible breaches of occupational safety and health (OSH) standards.

The owner and contractors of the construction project are responsible for the fall of the steel girder, Engr said. Noel Binag previously, Executive Director of the DOLE Occupational Safety and Health Center.

The owner of the San Miguel Corporation (WMC) project is being asked to report an incident to the labor department within 24 hours or face a fine, Binag said.

DOLE will then confirm the company’s report and make a technical report that can be used by the victims’ families to file a complaint, he added.

“If it is true that someone died and 4 were seriously injured, this could definitely be the basis for criminal or civil action,” Bello said.

WMC on Sunday provided assistance and apologized to the victims.

ANC, ANC Top, Headstart, Silvestre Bello, DOLE, stop work, Skyway extension project, Skyway carrier collapse, Skyway carrier accident, Skyway extension, Muntinlupa


Source link