United legend believes his former club will win the league before Liverpool.
For the past two seasons, Mohamed Salah has probably been Liverpool's most important player. The Egyptian striker is a key man in Jurgen Klopp's system and has become the club's top scorer in the last two seasons.
This culminated in the fact that Liverpool are now reigning champions in the Champions League and have struggled with Manchester City at the door of their Premier League title the previous season.
However, the 27-year-old has smelled of Liverpool, and especially over the last season it is alleged that there was a bad mood between Salah and coach Clopp at Anfield.
Read more: Vialdam praises Klopp for humor
At the time, the Spanish AS claimed that Salah and Liverpool had agreed that the Egyptian could leave Anfield after the 2018/2019 season due to an internal dispute with Klopp.
After the Champions League final against Tottenham Hotspur, where Salah scored one of the goals in a 2-0 win, Salah declined to comment on the information, prompting speculation to re-emerge.
All these assumptions were later dismissed by Salah's agent, Rami Abbas Isa, on social media.
Now Manchester United legend and SkySports expert Gary Neville has said he believes the 2019/2020 season will be the last one where Salah plays his home games at Anfield:
– Salah will leave in the next 12 months, almost to see him already. He knows it, he won't say it, Neville told SkySports when he spoke to Liverpool's colleague and legend Jamie Carragher.
"You are engraved with Liverpool," Carrager replied from the scene. The two rivals appeared in a debate where SkySports invited supporters to tackle important issues around their clubs.
Among them was the power relationship between Liverpool and Manchester United. Neville added that it is very clear that the red side of Merseyside must be ready for the future without Mohammed Salah:
– Salah will leave Liverpool, I can guarantee that. You can see it, you can smell it, Neville said.
As early as July 2018, Salah signed a new contract at Anfield that will keep him in the club until 2023. He has been linked with moving to Real Madrid over the past year.
The Egyptian had an unsuccessful stay in Chelsea before really finding form in Fiorentina and Roma in Serie A.
– Won in the league before Liverpool
Mohammed Salah was not the only player Neville wanted to comment on. Romelu Lukaku, who left Manchester United for Inter this summer, got the smooth team of the legendary defender.
– To lose Ander Herrera, to lose Marouane Xelaini, to get Romelu Lukaku out of the club. Lukaku weighed 105kg. He himself has admitted being overweight, Neville said, pointing out the Belgian is one of the few players Sansker would like to have outside of United.
Manchester United finished sixth in the Premier League last year and have not won Sir Alex Ferguson's last season as United coach in 2012/2013. The reasons for this are many, but several have pointed out that United have not been able to recruit the right players at all.
Neville is again very careful that this is not a scenario unfamiliar to clubs that are now above United.
– Liverpool, City and Tottenham have all had poor recruiting at some point in the last 25 years. United have it that way now. In the end, they get it right, they get the right people, the right coach on the spot, let's hope it's Ole (Gunnar Solskijer) and then win again, Neville said.
He also chose to plead archival rival Liverpool:
– I can guarantee you now that Manchester United will win again. Zero problem. I think they win the league and I think they win the league before Liverpool. It is not meant to be disrespectful.
Neville played for United between 1992 and 2011, bringing with him a total of 400 league games for the Old Trafford Reds. He has won eight times in the Premier League, three times in the FA Cup and twice in the Champions League with the Red Devils.