Type 2 diabetes is one of the most common diseases in the world. It has a tendency to get stuck in invisible and irreversible changes in health and well-being. Unlike type 1 diabetes, type 2 diabetes can often be prevented by self-help. Aerophotophyte Marīte Šukele emphasizes that currently type 2 diabetes affects more and more young people and shares advice on how to cope with the risk of getting sick.
"2. Type 1 diabetes is a metabolic disease that causes the body to produce insufficient insulin. Consequently, insulin may be insufficient in the body, may be normal or even elevated, but the use of insulin in cells is impaired and blood sugar remains high. The sugar can not be prevented by reducing or eliminating sweets from the menu.To avoid illness, it is necessary to provide conditions in which the body can function normally, "explains the pharmacist.
Keep your body weight healthy
- Normal body weight improves the rational use of insulin in the body. On the other hand, overweight is considered to be the main risk factor for the development of both men's and women's diabetes.
- As the body becomes obese, the size and number of fat cells increases, which complicates the passage of glucose into the cells, which requires increased insulin – the pancreas is unable to produce it in the required amount.
- With the increase in insulin requirements, changes in metabolism and the body starts to work improperly.
- The risk of developing diabetes also depends on the location of fat in the body. Upper obesity (apple obesity) increases the risk of developing type 2 diabetes more than the oblique part of the body (pear).
In the prevention of diabetes, foods that provide all the necessary nutrients and minerals are valuable, but do not encourage excessive accumulation of pounds. Each The meal should be based on the so-called "washing principle", in which the dishes are intended for vegetables.
- Vegetables must be fresh.
- If you are preparing salads and then without fatty sauces, you can pour them light olive oil and citrus sauce.
- ¼ The dish should be provided for protein products – meat, fish, dairy products, eggs, legumes and ¼ carbohydrates dish – for starchy products.
- A good choice are whole grain products, such as whole-grain pasta, brown rice, various grits and grains.
It is recommended to use only a small amount of healthy (unsaturated) fats, such as olive oil, rapeseed oil or linseed oil, for preparing meals.
- The best choice for cooking is an oven or fried food, in which you can cook dishes without excessive fat.
- Avoid excessive consumption of heavy meat, cakes, cookies, chocolate and other sweets.
- It must be at least 2 liters of water.
- It is advisable to regularly prepare meals and avoid misleading between meals so that the menu is healthy and balanced.
- Read on next page