A woman’s health goes through its most intimate parts. Let’s find out how to find out if the vagina is OK.
Vaginal health is important. Taking care of private parts is essential to avoid future problems. To live a peaceful sex life, avoid infections and risks in pregnancy О if you want to have children they are important proper hygiene, regular medical visits and attention to the body’s signals.
There are those who have asked themselves a question that is very uncomfortable, but has to do with the health of the vagina: how should it smell?
Vaginal Health: Smell is important to understand if it is healthy
Each vagina, in fact, has its own odor due to the bacteria present in the intimate parts, hormones and pheromones.
The smell is too determined by diet, hygiene habits and type of bedding what are you wearing.
It is practical it is impossible for the vagina to be odorless. Everyone has their own and that is normal. Experts say that the smell is basically what our body releases when we sweat. A kind of personal scent, perfectly healthy and normal.
However, there are cases in which the smell indicates a problem, to see when this situation arises.
A woman’s vagina is healthy when it smells a little pungent. Dr. Mary Janein Minkin, a professor of obstetrics, gynecology and reproductive sciences at Yale University School of Medicine, explained in The Mirror that it is difficult to explain how the vagina should smell while it is very easier to understand when something is wrong.
The vagina it should not smell like rotten fish or anything else rotten. Bad smell is caused by bacterial vaginosis. That is, it depends on the imbalance in the bacteria, between the good and the bad. THEY bad bacteria are anaerobic, which tend to grow and cause a foul odor
Obviously, there are times when the vagina may smell different than usual, harder. Normally, this happens during the menstrual cycle and after sexual intercourse.
It must also be remembered that the vagina is self-cleaning and naturally produces debris or leaks to expel germs. If these debris change color, it is probably a sign that something is wrong. Normal losses range from white to yellow, but if they turn gray or green, that’s not good.. Better to see a doctor. Even more so if there is a feeling of itching.
Having explained when the vagina is healthy and when it is not, we leave you with some tips on how to keep it healthy.
Vaginal health: rules to follow
Here are some simple rules and good habits to keep your vagina healthy.
- Bacterial balance. We need to reduce food that can adversely affect your microbiome and thus increase your odor, such as animal protein, dairy products and coffee. Eating foods such as lemons and leafy vegetables, on the other hand, helps maintain bacterial balance.
- Lingerie replacement. Changing underwear every day is obviously important, but going to bed without it is equally important, at least half a month. This way you will do breathe into the vagina. Then do not forget to wear panties in cotton or natural fibers, avoiding synthetic.
- Avoid aggressive products. Beware of intimate hygiene products. Avoid too aggressive, especially salts or scented creams. Instead, choose products that help balance ph.
- Check hormone levels. Beware of hormones and hormonal problems. If you suffer from this, go for regular check-ups and also pay attention to the contraceptive pill. The pill affects hormones and your microbiome and can lead to infections. Contraceptives, such as a vaginal ring or coil, can also cause problems. In these cases, experts recommend taking supplements of D-Mannose, sugar extracted from larch or birch
- Beware of sex. Take care of your vagina even during sex, do not stress and use natural products to moisturize it, such as aloe vera.
In any case, make it a habit to check your vagina periodically to make sure everything is OK. For any suspicion there is a gynecologist
We remind you of our article on vaginal health and the 10 situations that can damage it.
What do you think I do not have? Do you take care of your private parts? And, did you explain it to your daughters?
VIDEO: How to cure and prevent vaginal infections?