Wednesday , November 20 2019
Home / czechrepublic / Husband files lawsuit against cardinal Duke for alleged abuse in church

Husband files lawsuit against cardinal Duke for alleged abuse in church



"The cardinal can be held responsible for preventing crime and horror and helping perpetrators escape the investigation and fair trial," Rozka said in a criminal complaint.

Ducca was the highest authority in the Dominican order from 1986 to 1998. At the time, a 16-year-old was allegedly mistreated by a priest at a Dominican monastery in Prague in the early 1990s, who was ordained a priest in 1994. The tartar informed the superior at the time. This was Duka, who had previously confirmed to the media that he had resolved the case 25 years ago.

“The perpetrator, who personally knew and accepted Dominic Duka's order, attacked me painfully, under threat, and that was what I and Dominic Duka personally dealt with. He knew the man about the disturbing, very painful attacks, but he didn't believe them, "the news server said on Tuesday.

According to the victim, a priest is being tried in a church court in 2006 after other people were charged with sexual abuse. He did not pass judgment, died in 2007.

Cardinal Douca said earlier that he had encountered the young man and the priest. But he was deadlocked because it was a "lawsuit against claims". His spokesman, Richard Stepan Rob, told the server Tuesday that Duka was fully prepared to co-operate with law enforcement agencies. However, even with regard to secrecy, he would not comment on the case that is still pending.

According to Rosek, the man is asking police to investigate serious cases of sexual abuse in the past, as well as cardinal access to victims and perpetrators of abuse to date.

"The taint of the Dominican order abuse case further states that Cardinal Duka has been misrepresented in the media on the conduct and investigation of serious cases of sexual abuse in the Roman Catholic Church in the Czech Republic," a black church official said.

The Czech Dominican province said in April that the Dominicans suspected six rows of violators in their ranks who could have committed sexual abuse in the 1990s and the first decade of the 21st century. In most cases, the proceedings were for persons over 18 years of age, in one case the victim was under 15 years of age.

In cases where there is sufficient evidence against the perpetrators, a church law process is initiated in order to suspend their clergy and isolate them from other potential victims. The secular criminal process was not initiated in any of these cases.


Source link