Our great-grandmothers and their great-grandmothers used fat for almost everything. It was loaded with meat, was used as a common ointment, ie. fat for cakes bouquet And a slice of bread with garlic or onion and a layer of lard was a great nutritious delicacy! However, in the second half of the 20th century, fat was broken down due to its cholesterol content and the assumption that fat was the main culprit for obesity, and rehabilitation occurred recently. Why have a glass of fat in the fridge?
The big advantage of lard is its high thermal stability, thanks to which not so many carcinogenic substances are formed during frying and baking. In this respect, it is more suitable than many vegetable oils and also than conventional butter. The fat burns at a temperature above 180 degrees, but the butter at a temperature above 110 ° C.
Fat does not contain harmful trans fats, which are associated with an increased risk of heart disease. It was created saturated and unsaturated fatty acids in a ratio of 4: 6. This means that it contains more unsaturated fats, which are considered healthier, and most of this healthy fat in fat is useful oleic acid. It should be noted that fat also contains high doses Vitamin D., which people in our region often miss during the fall and winter.
Fat and cholesterol
The heart was blacklisted a few years ago because it is fat. People were thought to be obese, especially after eating fatty foods, so they should be avoided. We now know that fats, along with carbohydrates and proteins, are an integral part of our diet. The second reason was cholesterol content. Should you be afraid of him? Cholesterol, which occurs naturally in food, does not lead to an increase in blood cholesterol levels. Behind him is a whole range of eating habits.
Everything in moderation
First of all, the diet should be varied and this also applies to fat sources. Fat is a good food and it is definitely worth the chance. But do not overdo it! It is high in calories, so if you eat three pieces of lard a day and a few good fries on it, it will definitely not lead to health or a slim figure. And do not forget about the quality: for consumption, the best given free-range pig fat from free-range pigs.
What are the effects of lard on the skin
As mentioned in the introduction, lard is suitable in the refrigerator not only for use in the kitchen, but also for caring for the exterior. How can it help your skin?
- Smoothes wrinkles – Pork skin is very similar to human skin, so it is used in plastic surgery. Applying ointment to the skin, for example, in the form of a mask for 20 minutes, softens and smoothes wrinkles.
- Helps against scars and stretch marks – Lash for stretch marks and scars is really extremely effective. With regular lubrication, it helps to soften and smooth, it is also suitable as a prevention in pregnancy.
- Hydrates dry and eczematous skin – The ointment is hypoallergenic and lubricates very well, so it is extremely useful for very dry and atopic skin.
- Heals cracked heels – The fat wrapper helps with cracked feet and heels. All you have to do is lubricate your feet, put on cotton socks and leave it on for at least 20 minutes, but still overnight.
- Relieves psoriasis – Lard is a natural non-irritating odorless odor, so it is recommended for the treatment of psoriasis deposits.