Is it a good or a bad number? Here are the keys to decide …
Today, the National Institute of Statistics (INE) announced the national unemployment rate for the mobile quarter August-October, which reached 7.1%. Is it a good or a bad number? Here are the keys to decide:
1. Total unemployment increases
– The 7.1%, already recorded in the previous quarter, is an increase of 0.4 tens in comparison with the same period of 2017.
– Women's unemployment is around 7%. The increase in one year is more pronounced in the case of unemployment in men, ranging from 6.3% to 6.9%, while in women it increases from 7.3% to 7.4%.
– The unemployed increased by 6.4%, explained by the unemployed (6.0%) and those looking for work for the first time (10.6%).
2. Flight still missing
– Labor force grew by 1.4%, which is an acceleration compared to 0.9% in July-September, but a rate of less than 2.3% a year ago.
– The employees show similar dynamics. They grow 1% – equal to 83,660 people, more than the previous 0.5%, but that is less than 1.9% from twelve months ago. Growth was mainly driven by construction (4.0%), accommodation and meals (6.6%) and education (3.0%) sectors.
– Privatization of private sector employees improved by 1.5% – more than the previous quarter and equivalent to 72,120 persons, while the public did this with a rate of 2.7% – without the previous quarter. As a whole, one year ago, wages for workers increased by 0.8%, with an important role in the public sector.
3. Better employment
– Adjustment of self-employment continues: now they are lower by 0.2%, which is a turn in relation to the increase of 4.8% a year ago. It is assumed that this is a type of occupation with less social protection.
– Voluntary part-time workers increased by 8.8%, motivated by private workers receiving wages, as well as trade, agriculture and fisheries. As a colleague, 4.2% withdrew.
4. North is the worst part
Unemployment rose in nine regions – it was seven over 7.1% – it was reduced by five and remained in Eisen. In the northern zone Tarapaka, Antofagasta and Atakama exceed 8%. O & # 39; Higgins also joins the club at 8%.