The Health Ministry of Chubut confirmed yesterday the 14th case of hantavirus discovered in the mountain range since the beginning of the epidemic that epicenter Epyen has. Among the 14 confirmed cases, there are 5 deaths due to this virus.
Five patients are in intensive care, one of them is a minor at the Boriloche Hospital, which has a better infrastructure for pediatric care and which the Malbran Institute confirmed as patient number 14 infected with the virus.
Although the Ministry informs that the child has been stabilized with favorable evolution, yesterday she remained isolated in Intensive Doctoral Therapy at the Ramon Carillo Hospital, where she entered last Saturday at dawn.
This is a 7-year-old boy, a member of the family who registered the first case of hantavirus in this area. He was initially admitted to Eskil with a fever situation and appeared as a suspected case.
<! – / *
* The backup part of this tag is generated for use
* non-SSL page. If this tag is included on an SSL page, please change it
* & # 39; http: //ads.imgsrc.com.ar/www/delivery/ … & # 39;
* & # 39; https: //ads.imgsrc.com.ar/www/delivery / … & # 39;
* This descriptive part of this tag only displays thumbnails. There
* is not the width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* to allocate room for the ad before it is displayed, you will need to add this
* information about tag.
* If you do not want to deal with the complexity of the holder
* section, delete the tag (from ). On
* average, the carry-carry is called from less than 1% of the internet
* / ->
The body part also mentions that there are three cases under observation at Eppuen Hospital and two more suspects at the Zonal Eskil Hospital, which can be confirmed or rejected in the next few hours. There, 7 cases that were considered suspicious at that time were rejected.
Meanwhile, in Epuyén, the team is still working to address this case, with selective isolation of people who may have been in contact with the virus, which includes restrictions on getting out and using masks if they leave the house.
As part of the measures agreed by the health team and progress, the craft festival in that city was suspended, and a warning was given about the possibility of new cases.