Through a public statement, Enel Generación Chile, which works with Coronel's Bocamina Thermal Power Plant, announced this afternoon that it has decided to present its disclaimers for the formulation made by the Environmental Superiority Authority (SMA).
"Because of the above, the company has requested extension of the deadline, which was approved by the body," the company said in a statement.
"Enel Generación Chile has implemented a series of environmental improvements in the Botamina plant, raising its management standard, with sustainability being the central axis of the company's strategic focus," the company said.
During this day, the SMA informed that it had formulated the charge against the company for violation of environmental standards in the Biobio region.
The projects being examined are Bocamina Thermoelectric Central Extension (Second Unit), environmentally qualified through RCA N ° 206/2007; "Expansion of Bocamin Thermal Power Plant", RCA N ° 017/2010; and "Optimization of the Bacamine Second Unit Thermal Power Plant", RCA No. 128/2015.
The violations were detected in the operation of two thermo-power plants, Unit 1, called Thermal Power Plant Bocamina 1 (CTB1) and Unit 2, Bocamina 2 (CTB2), which has established a permanent monitoring program for waste quality. , according to DS 90/2000
On the basis of environmental control reports, Superintendence revealed six facts that constitute a breach:
1. CTB1 did not report all the parameters specified in its monitoring program.
2. CTB1 does not report with the required frequency of monitoring.
3. CTB1 has exceeded the maximum allowed level for the parameters of Fecal Coliform and / or Total Suspended Solids.
4. CTB1 does not report the background associated with the required mirroring.
5. CTB2 did not report all the parameters specified in its monitoring program.
6. CTB2 does not report with the required frequency.
These offenses were classified as small, so the company could have been subject to a written warning or a fine of 1,000 annual tax units (UTA).
Following notification of this formulation of the charges, Enel Generación Chile S.A. it will have 10 working days to submit a Compliance Program (PdC) and 15 working days to formulate their disclaimers.