Friday , August 23 2019
Home / canada / West Edmonton Fire Damaged Apartment Building – Edmonton

West Edmonton Fire Damaged Apartment Building – Edmonton



Investigators say the early morning fire that forced the evacuation of an apartment building in west Edmonton started by accident.

Firefighters said the blaze started around 2:30 p.m., as a result of overheated cooking oil left in a stove in the main floor of the building at 101 Avenue and 162nd Street. The blaze burned through the wall and exited the roof, investigators said.

Fire crews said they had arrived to find flames firing from the building.

READ MORE: Firefighters fight blaze at West Edmonton mall

Three people were assessed at the scene but were not taken to hospital.

Later in the morning, firefighters said the blaze was out, but traffic was still in the area.

READ MORE Police: Police say children playing lighter caused a fire at a 650-square-foot west Edmonton house

The damage estimate is said to be $ 750,000.

There is still no word on when residents will be allowed to return to the apartment building.

© 2019 Global News, division of Corus Entertainment Inc.


Source link