Wednesday , April 21 2021

Well, what about it wraps about 3DS



Photo: Nintendo

Nintendo does not want to call 3DS "dead", but the company's latest briefing made the whole thing feel like Weekend In Bernie.

A year ago, Nintendo held a briefing for investors who said he would "continue the 3DS business" and that "he is preparing new release software in 2019 and beyond". Shortly before this meeting, Nintendo announced a large series of new 3DS games, such as Luigi is a castle and WarioWare Gold, and the company pointed out this release schedule as proof that Nintendo is still planning to support its handheld device.

Yesterday, Nintendo held this year's version of the same briefing, and the difference was night and day. There is no previous pre-show about new games for a handheld platform, without mentioning the 3DS business in the briefing. Currently there are zero first party games on the 3DS schedule, and only a handful of upcoming third-party games of retail – just one in the US, for example, and two in Japan.

"We have nothing new to publish about the original software for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems," Nintendo spokesman Nintendo said in response to an email asking for comment from Kotaku. "We can confirm that the new software comes from third-party publishers."

It does not make a mistake: If Nintendo plans to support 3DS this year in the same way as it did last year, it will announce some new games before the financial briefing this week and will discuss them during the presentation, in order to give them investors the idea that the company was serious about continuing the business in a significant way. Instead, the most likely scenario is that Kirby is an extra epic yarn ends up as the final first party 3DS message, and we will not see much if something of a third-party significance past Persona Q2.

This is likely to lead to the release of a removable device that is compatible with Switch.

Nintendo will keep 3DS, 2DS and accompanying software on the shelves this year, as evidenced by the fact that in its forecasts this week, it said it intends to sell 1 million 3DS systems this year. Perhaps it will be, simply by the strength of its evergreen games. Last year, Nintendo predicted it would sell 4 million pieces of 3DS hardware, but only sold 2.5 million.) However, all indications are that they will not introduce new games to boost sales.

Okay, so, 3DS is probably dead now, even if Nintendo is not ready to admit it. This, most likely, leads to, as was reported from many different places, is the release of a portable portable device which is a more suitable replacement for the 3DS line. Smaller, cheaper, harder, built for a portable game. Something that will not have a problem to give to a younger child or maybe even put it in your pocket when you leave the house.

Bloomberg announced that this new switch could be released in June. Later, this exit announced that Nintendo's president, Shuntaro Furukawa, said Nintendo did not plan to release new E3 hardware. Of course, that does not mean anything – I remember that year in E3 when Japanese newspapers reported that Nintendo was doing 3DS XL, and Nintendo said it was all "speculation" and then announced two weeks after E3? That's what feels like now.

Once this type of Switch is available, there will be no need for 3DS. Yes, Nintendo is likely to continue to sell for a while, as there is no way that even the redesigned Switch can be priced at the level of $ 80 to 2DS. So, you would not expect the 3DS line to completely disappear. But it looks very much like the new games go, that's all she wrote.


Source link