Saturday , May 8 2021

The French student head has grown from an allergic reaction to PPD hair color



  • A French student named Estel suffered a severe color reaction to para-phenylenediamine (PPD) color.
  • The 19-year-old woke up to find her head, grew three centimeters overnight after dying her hair from blonde to brown.
  • She was treated at the hospital, where doctors said PPD responses are quite common.

A French college student says her head broke out enormously after she suffered a severe allergic reaction to hair color.

Estel (19) told Le Parisien that the reaction took place two weeks ago when she wanted to transform from blonde in a brilliant color of paraffenediamine (PPD).

But in hours and days after applying the color of her hair, her scalp began to itch, and then her head began to swell.

Swelling came after a pharmacist and I said to use antihistamines and cream to prevent itching.

She woke up the next morning to find that the head circumference rose to 25 inches (63 centimeters) – the average is an average of 22 inches (56 centimeters).

"My forehead has doubled," said Estel, who did not disclose his last name for Le Parisien. "My head was like a light bulb".

After seeing Esthel's big head, her mother took her to an emergency room, where doctors said PPD's reactions are quite common, although they are usually not as serious as Estel.

According to Newsweek, PPD is found in 90% of hair colors, but the concentration of the chemical has been regulated since 2013.

The doctors gave Estel and the adrenaline shot and watched overnight for observation to ensure that the swelling went down.


Read more: Which hair color will last for the longest – we put it to test 3


For Estel, the experience was terrifying.

"Before you arrive at the hospital, you simply do not know how long it will take to quell, if you have time to get to the hospital or not," she told Le Parisien.

According to the National Health Service in the UK, PPD hair colors are safe as long as they follow the safety instructions.

The organization suggests performing a test to ensure that there are no serious reactions before being used on the hair.


Source link