Philadelphia Flyers announced that they claimed that goalkeeper Mike McKenna had given up his cancellation from Vancouver Canucks, according to executive vice president / general manager Chuck Fletcher.
Below are McKenna's career news and notes:
MIKE McKENNA (G)
DESCRIPTION: 2002 (6th round, 172nd overall) – Nashville Predators
Age: 35 (4-11-1983) | Born: St. Louis, Missouri
VITALI: 6? 2 ", 183 pounds PERMITS: Right
* McKenna recently bought Vancouver Canucks in trading with senators in Ottawa on January 2.
* He appeared in 10 competitions for Ottawa this season, announcing a record 1-4-1 to go with 3.96 goals – an average of 897% savings percentage … He stopped 34 of 37 shots with a victory over 4-3 Flyers on November 27.
* He also appeared in six matches for AHL's Senators, Senators at Belleville, where he recorded a 3-3-0 record with 2.72 GAA and .914 savings.
* During his six-year career in the NHL, McKenna has a record of 7-16-3 with a 3.58 GAA and 8,992 savings in 34 appearances with Tampa Bay Molling (2008-09), New Jersey Devils (2010-11), Columbus Blue Jackets (2013-14), Arizona Coyotes (2014-15), Dallas Stars (2017-18) and Senators (2018-19).
* In her career at AHL, Mekena appeared in 467 career games of 226-175-25 with 27 closures and a lifetime of 2.77 GAA and 913%.
* He also hampered his team to the Caldera Cup final in each of the last two seasons: went 14-8 with 2.41 GAA and 927% savings for the Texas Stars (Dallas Stars) in 2018 and had a record of 13-9 with 2.68 GAA and .911 savings percentage for Syracuse crisis (Tampa Bay Lightning) in 2017.