President Jair Bolsonaro has sanctioned this Friday (May 17, 2019) draft law approved by Congress that amnesties party fines. However, he vetoed anist in connection with the return, collection or transfers to the Treasury of Donations made by civil servants performing the function or position for which they were designated.
This is the whole Law 13.831 / 2017, which changes Law 9.096 / 1995, which aims to provide autonomy for political parties to define the mandate of members of their permanent or temporary party organs; and makes other arrangements.
In a note (in full), the government says the veto happened because the proposal was "Inopportune in the current fiscal framework", as this would result in the cancellation of the proceeds derived from it.
"In addition, the rules of art 113 of ADCT and art 114 from LDO, and there is no estimate of the cancellation resulting from that amnesty in the process, with a detailed calculation of how the corresponding source of compensation was achieved", says the note.
The veto right was sent to the National Congress, which will analyze MPs and senators who have the right to retain it or to overthrow it.
The government faces a serious problem with regard to public accounts, with the need for even unpredictability, ie blocking part of the budget of several ministries. Among them, the Ministry of Education, which has blocked funds from federal universities, has caused protests across the country against keeping passages to universities.
The passage is vetoed in a law that regulates the duration of party leaders' mandates. The bill was approved by Congress on April 25.
In the part of the sanctioned project, it is determined:
- female applications: parties that do not abide by the rule of encouraging a campaign for women, but use the money to finance nominations through the 2018 elections, also allow parties that still have resources from previous years to use money 2020;
- Responsibility: as well as for municipal bodies that have not transferred the resources or collected funds estimated in cash, exempt them from filing declarations of exemption, debits and federal tax credits and accounting reports to the PRO;
- Kadin: in all decisions of the Court of Arbitration for billing, even those rejected, guerrilla leaders can not be registered in Cadin (Cadastro Informativo de Credits, which are not deprived of organs and federal entities);
- Civil and criminal liability: the text defines subjective civil and criminal responsibility. They should only reach the leader in charge of the body at the time of the fact, not preventing the current leaders from receiving funds from the Partisan Fund;
- Bank account: the text stipulates that the national leadership of the party will be obliged to open a bank account exclusively for the movement of the party fund and the application of the minimum resources in promoting the female participation;
- Temporary directories:the temporary organs of the parties can last up to 8 years, and the legends will have autonomy to define the mandate of the members of the bodies, regardless of whether they are permanent or temporary.