Bangladesh – a small country on the map of the world, everyone wants to dream and fancy. The use of many great technologies in this country – whether it's a small mobile use or not. Although technology is not just fancy today – digital satellite use has begun in digital Bangladesh. Software technology is an essential part of the use of any technology in everyday life, which is the only big industry.
The software industry is not too old in Bangladesh, but in the last 20 years it has grown through many hurdles. If these obstacles are overcome, the clothing of the software industry or abroad will be a large sector of revenue as human resources. The main goal of this article is to identify these hurdles in the local software industry – in order to solve problems.
1) Barriers to software companies:
Not invested properly – There is not enough investment for software products / platforms in our country. It is said to be the main reason
- We do not have enough information about the market.
- Lack of qualified and quality business professionals.
- Companies from large groups are unwilling to push the software business for various reasons.
- Most engineers start to start, which are ineffective in managing the investments.
- Lack of banking finance.
- Above all, the software is an integral part.
Lack of qualified and quality personnel:
- The selection of the operator and the creation of IT engineers are usually wrong. Most students who read computer science and engineering want to be software engineers. Lack of knowledge on how to prepare for many types of engineering posts, read this topic. As a result, students say they do not get jobs. On the other hand, software companies can not find suitable workers for them.
- Although there are enough IT companies, the trend of bringing together professional software companies is very low due to lack of foundation.
- In the absence of a suitable older software industry, new professionals are afraid to choose this as a career.
Construction of unplanned software / IT companies:
- Unplanned software companies start everyday, where no software company starts without specific plans in developed countries. These unplanned software companies are trying to sell all kinds of products and services – resulting in uncontrolled market competition, diversity of prices and consumer confidence at the end of the day. If we can not get out of this excitement, the software market will be additionally damaged.
- Software is a business that can not be done in the short term. Of course, long-term planning is needed. In the absence of which we can see, the company quickly shifts from one type of service to another type of service. This means that the first service business plan was not long-term. Becoming a business entrepreneur requires patience and solid morale. Today, when they have studied the history of those who are seeing the industry for 40-45 years, their skill and mental strength and endurance have reached them today.
The software can not be a service-oriented service:
- Most software companies in the country offer software for several customers in the first few years. But after a year or more, users will not be able to provide service support. Most software architecture and infrastructure of the company are not ready later to provide customer support, the software is unsuccessful at the end of the day. As a result, users lose confidence in software companies, while software companies blame the buyer.
Above all, due to software market barriers, there are many basic reasons why the services are not oriented. When developing product and marketing, it should be considered a minimum service of 20 years.
Techno-commercial partnership software company:
- Most of the old software companies in our country are composed of business backgrounds and technology companies of new companies, but software companies need to create techno-commercial partnerships in order to develop product, market, legal, risk and contracts.
Product Compatibility, Not Market Analysis:
- Local software companies began to produce and distribute products without local and international computational analysis. Can not survive in market competition. It should be noted that large business companies such as Microsoft, Google, Oracle and Ultimate Compactors of the software business therefore, the software market should not come into business without a natural and computational analysis.
Not enough certification:
- Due to the lack of quality, security and process of certification of local software companies, the loss of all these weaknesses and above all, the integrity of the customer has become a daily matter.
2) Client mess:
Enough knowledge about buying software:
- Apart from several of our domestic client companies, others can not demonstrate the skills to buy software and IT services. Because of lack of awareness and skill, what they buy does not last long The checklist is completely different in terms of software, intellectual property and information services, and there are many controversy with software vendors that have a debate on which it is broken the connection, resulting in the dangers of customer data.
Non-standard business processes:
- Small or medium-sized companies work in non-standard business processes. But when it comes to software, they have to face many complexities when it comes to the standard format. Because of this, many customers do not buy standard software with their own order software, from any team or company – most of the time, upgrades and maintenance of this custom software are very heavy and expensive.
Lack of information knowledge in companies-clients:
- Companies find that their professionals are very afraid to take software. They think that their IT department will be able to weaken their positions (many use this). But it's not a mistake to just understand it – because of a software system, it will not change the position or responsibility of anyone, but it will be very useful in the performance of duties.
3) The gap in education and software:
- Computer science or engineering such as MBBS does not receive an instruction that will work in any specialization with a degree. Educational institutions should help in creating a skill for their deserved positions.
- Many training on the market is carried out publicly and privately, most of which do not play any role in the software industry. The main reason for this – the curriculum, not made by the need of software companies, the curriculum is being created Some more obstacles are created only due to lack of practical education
4) Trading barriers:
- None of the trading bodies working in the IT industry of Bangladesh generally do not work with software. While working at exhibitions at the hearing, market development, increased awareness and work at the policy level are very low and slower.
- Membership software companies are not classified on a state or private level. As a result, the government or big company is in danger of buying a e-government system from a service company for a call center.
- Most of the trade does not work on the interval of Internet, e-commerce and software companies.
5) Government barriers:
- The government is trying to take petrochemical products in the country, but the classification is very weak and there is no way to make decisions based on the recommendations of many trading bodies.
- Local companies have a much lower priority for government purchases and domestic software is not clear at a high level. As a result, the software to be purchased locally also comes from other countries. It is also seen that we are bought from all countries where there is no good diplomatic or trade relations with the country. For these reasons, from domestic resources to work, many things are being taken by foreigners who are not moving.
- In the near future due to inexperience or neglect, our most sophisticated data security will probably become impossible.
- It's not about rules that should be quickly considered for buying, updating, updating and security of software data. As a result, many government systems are gradually becoming ineffective. If all these points are not systematic, it will be difficult to protect state data.
6) Professional prevention:
- Foreign affairs: In Bangladesh, a good professional means higher education abroad and permanent residence later. Great reason for the infrastructure or security of the country, which I do not think. If the country becomes a little illiterate, then the country moves forward. However, the government should also consider how to do equal homework after higher education.
- Not Career-Oriented: In terms of learning and skills, there are fewer software industries than the carrier. Many people do not know when they come to a job interview and will come to an interview.
- Freelancing / Startup / Job – Do not worry about what to do and do not create a good position in any of the above.
- Technology Less knowledge: Techniques coming from any subject can not be understood by our professionals.
Finally, the software business is one of the most difficult business, but for those whose plans, investments, architecture, in phase, it becomes much easier.
All types of help are needed to overcome these barriers to the maintenance and improvement of the software industry[প্রকাশিত মতামত লেখকের একান্তই নিজস্ব। প্রিয়.কম লেখকের মতাদর্শ ও লেখার প্রতি শ্রদ্ধাশীল। প্রকাশিত মতামতের সঙ্গে প্রিয়.কম-এর সম্পাদকীয় নীতির মিল না-ও থাকতে পারে।]