The appropriate upgrade, which was the only error posted to users, is already from the end of May. It concerns KB4497935, which Microsoft announced as the first cumulative update for the new version of Windows 10 from 1903. From this first patch, the bug is now turned on – but it's known a lot longer.
As the latest Windows Latest News writes, the error has already appeared in Windows Insiders in Slow and Release Ring, with which the Windows team previously tested the update.
As a result, the Remote Access Connection Service (RASMAN) may stop working for some Windows 10 users after the update at the end of the month, and users may get a "0xc0000000000005" error when you manually connect devices with a failure. the telemetry setting "0" is configured.
Microsoft has now issued a blueprint solution solution that can be used to bridge the time to the new update to troubleshoot.
The KB article states:
- Users may also receive an error in the Windows logs coverage of Event ID 1000 events with references "svchost.exe_RasMan" and "rasman.dll".
- The problem occurs only when the VPN profile is configured as a permanent connection to a VPN (AOVPN) with or without a tunnel on the device. This does not apply only to custom VPN profiles or connections.
- Microsoft is working on a solution, but meanwhile, the following procedure should help:
- To resolve this issue, use one of the following steps, or group policy step or step of registration, to configure one of the default telemetry settings:
- Set a value for the following Group Policy settings:
- Group Policy Path: Computer Configuration Administrative Tables Windows Components and Data Collection and Pre-Release Bsol AllowTelemetry
- Setting a security policy: Enabled and set to 1 (Basic) or 2 (Enhanced) or 3 (Complete).
- Or, set the following value to the registry:
- SubKey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows DataCollection Policies
- Setup: AllowTelemetry
- Type: REG_DWORD
- Value: 1, 2 or 3
- Note – You may need to restart the remote access connection service after you set the group policy or registry key.
Download Windows 10: cumulative patch for May update
Interesting articles and links for Windows 10 May 2019 Update (1903):