Thursday , April 9 2020
Home / australia / Madeleine Pulver did well eight years after the incident in Mosman

Madeleine Pulver did well eight years after the incident in Mosman

Madeleine Pulver didn't even finish high school when a balaclavas man entered the family's home and hung on his neck like a collarbone.

The 17-year-old girl called her parents and asked them to call the police, who found the young woman with the device locked around her neck.

Just before 3 pm on August 3, 2011, Ms. Pulver's life was turned upside down.

Less than six months after her death, Mrs Pulver was scared when police arrived at the $ 15m Mosman home.

"She told the police that shortly before an elderly man dressed in a balaclava and wearing a baseball bat appro approached her and told her he would not hurt her. He then locked a device around his neck so it could not be removed. "

"He also put a USB thumb around the neck. A plastic sleeve was also attached to the ribbon, which contained a two-page document listing the extortion requirements and instructions.

After a disturbing 10 hours, the bomb squad eventually realized that the collar was a detailed fraud, freeing Mrs Pulver from the device.

The man behind the fraud, investment banker Paul Douglas Peters, was later arrested in the United States and extradited back to Australia, where he was jailed for 13 and a half years.

For more than eight years since that terrible day, Mrs. Pulver has talked about what her life is like now.

Speaking of Daily Mail Australia, Ms Pulver said she was "trying not to think" about her awful difficult experience and did well.

"I really work well, I work as an interior designer and I love it," she told the publication.

"I had a career change last year and I'm doing what I'm really passionate about now."

Ms. Pulver, who is 26, works as an interior designer for Studio Aria in Double Bay.

"(What happened to me) doesn't hurt my career at all, or at least I hope not," she said.

At the time of her ordeal, Ms Pulver was in her final year at the Venona School in North Sydney, due to head to Gold Coast to celebrate the Schools.

After school, she went to study communications at UTS, doing a semester abroad in Denmark at the 2015 Danish School of Media and Journalism.

After briefly working as an account manager at leading marketing firm Hawass Sydney, she moved to interior design, studying a degree in the prestigious Billy Blue College of Design.

On her LinkedIn page, Ms Pulver describes herself as "valuable, positive and adaptable" and also notes her nomination as a graduate of the Australian Design Institute Awards 2019 awards year.

The 26-year-old woman rarely talks about her traumatic experience, but made a brief statement after Peters was sentenced to at least 10 years in prison, telling reporters she hoped for a future "where Paul Peters' name is not related to mine."

Ms Pulver also escaped attention when 2017 was awarded the Group Quote Award in 2017. The constable Karen Louden, who had been sitting with Mrs Pulver for the first three hours, collected a "star of courage" award.

"I've never wanted to spread (about what happened), but in the case of these awards, Karen and the NSW police should be the focus," Ms Pulver told Daily Telegraph at that time.

"To be honest, I was surprised to hear that I was being considered for the award, but I'm extremely grateful.

"I am pleased that Karen and all the people involved in the NSW police force are recognized because they have been truly outstanding with the support they and my family have provided overnight."

Source link