The 14-year-old teenager died on Sunday in Epupen, Chubut and doctors they suspect it is because of the hantavirus. To confirm this, they are waiting for the results of the samples sent to the Carlos Malbran Institute in Buenos Aires.
In addition, the authorities pointed out that there are five suspected cases more than they serve in Eskel. From the Local Health Program area they explained that it was confirmed and the patient was recovering. The remainder remains in the evaluation and are waiting for the analysis to know if they are infected with the virus.
Emergency Hospital Director Epung, Jorge Elias, suggested that three of them were "hospitalized in intensive care" and that they did not belong to the same family group.
The teenager who died, also from this city of Chubut, entered the zonal hospital severe digestive picture. The analysis of the causes of his death will take several days.
How spread the hantavirus
The hantavirus is transmitted through rodents known as "colalargos", a wild species that, due to climate change and precipitation, lives nearer to urban areas.
The infected mouse eliminates the virus via urine, feces and saliva. The human being is transmitted through the respiratory tract. The main symptoms are fever, fever, muscle pain, headache, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain and diarrhea, among others.
– Avoid coexistence with rodents and contact with their secretions.
– Prevent rodents from entering or making nests in homes.
– Cover holes in the doors, walls and pipes, keep water and whiteness hygiene, place gardens and firewood more than 30 meters from the houses, cut grass and weeds to a radius of 30 meters around the house. Wipe the floor before cleaning it to avoid dust.
– Vent at least 30 minutes before entering indoors (houses, stoves). Cover your mouth and nose with a wet handkerchief before you enter.
– Carry out cleaning (floors, tables, drawers and cupboards) with one piece of bleach every ten water (leave for 30 minutes and then rinse). Wipe the floor before cleaning it to avoid dust.
– When camping strikes with weeds and landfills, do not fall asleep directly on the ground and consume drinking water.