In order to reactivate consumption, which fell by 8.7% last month, the government announced today "economic and social measures" to "beat" the inflation ("The big problem that has put us on a lot of decades ago") and " protect the Argentines. "
According to the Government's description, the measures are the result of "an agreement with the leading companies to maintain at least six months the prices of the 60 essential products and the inability of new increases in public service rates for this year." In addition, they will launch a "new round" of loans from Anses, a "new call" from the Procrear Plan and the "new network of discounts" from Anses.
Public service rates
Electricity, gas and transport
- The government will no longer have an increase in the rates of electricity, gas and public transport for residential users in the rest of the year. The two electricity increases announced for the remainder of 2019 "will be absorbed by the nation-state".
- The increase in gas is applied from April and flows in three months (10% in April, 9% in May and 8% in June) will be the last of the year. During the winter there will be a 22% discount on the price of gas that users will pay on the invoices of the summer months (which are the lowest consumption). According to the government, this "will allow" equalization "the final bill between the winter and summer months." The costs of postponing these payments will be absorbed by the state.
- There will be no increase in buses and metropolitan trains by the end of the year. There will also be no increase in tolls that depend on the national government.
- Mobile operators will retain the price of prepaid lines for five months until September 15th. This measure has 35 million active lines.
Prices and consumption
Pricing for basic products
- They will keep their prices for at least six months 60 basic products from the baskets of 16 first-line companies. (Oils, rice, flour, pasta, milk, yoghurt, wicker, infusions, sugar, cans, polenta, cookies, jams and beverages).
- According to the government, prices "are on average or below the current average of each category."
- Companies must ensure the availability of products in the gondola in 2,500 sales points respected throughout the country. They will be available starting Monday, April 22.
- The Ministry of Internal Trade and Consumer Associations will oversee compliance with the agreement.
Meat is cut at affordable prices
- The exporting refrigerators agreed to sell 120,000 kilograms per week of roasting, vacuum and a matress of 149 pesos per kilogram (final price) at the retail market at the Central Market and in the shops of each of the refrigerators.
- Reducing these prices will be available "when the new system is completed" in about 10 or 15 days.
Benefits and credits Ansi
- Raising the benefits of Anses, a network of discounts of 10% to 25% for 18 million people receiving benefits from Anses in supermarkets, clothing, lighting, travel and tourism, appliances, white goods and construction materials. Discounts will reach retirees and pensioners , pensioners who do not have contributions (the overwhelming majority, due to disability), universal pension for the elderly, carriers of a universal task for a child, holders of unemployment benefits, family allowances. Users can access discounts with their debit cards linked to Anses.
- New offer of Andes loans available for retirees, beneficiaries of non-contributory pensions, a universal task for child and family allowance. (About 18 million people). The planned investment for this round loan is 124,000 million pesos.
- Those who already have a loan can take the new loan and refinance the previous loan. In any case, the value of the fee can not exceed 30% of the monthly payment.
- The amounts for pensioners are doubled: they can take loans up to 200,000 pesos to be repaid at 24, 36, 48 or 60 installments.
- The beneficiaries of the universal child-family allowance allow for loans up to 12,000 pesos per child, at 24 or 36 installments. Those who receive a PNC or a universal old-age pension (PUAM) can claim up to 70,000 pesos at 24, 36, 48, or 60 installments.
Law on Trade Loyalty
- The government plans a decree with a new loyalty regime to "avoid abuse of dominant positions or possible monopolistic behavior of large companies."
- The Internal Trade Secretariat will have more powers to sanction unfair or anti-competitive behavior and to protect consumers, small businesses and SMEs.
Published comments are the sole responsibility of their authors and the consequences arising from them may be subject to legal sanctions. Any user who in his / her messages will include all comments that violate the regulations will be removed and disqualified to comment again. Submission of a comment implies acceptance of the Regulation.
To comment, you must log in with your LA NACION user.
Use the LA NACION app for free, do you want to download it?