Friday , July 30 2021

He received a lung transplant and the donor's allergy was contagious



A woman from the United States received a lung transplant and when she was supposed to be emptied, she discovered an allergy inherited from her donor.


peanuts
peanuts

The incident occurred in California when a woman who was due to be fired after receiving a lung transplant had to be hospitalized for strange symptoms. The woman had a weight in the chest and breathing difficulties and when the doctors asked, she found that she suffered the same allergy as her donor.

The woman told the doctors that she was eating a sandwich peanut butter and that they could discover that there was a problem. The 68-year-old lady said she had never discovered an allergy to any type of food, however, her donor Yes, I was forbidden to eat peanut butter.

He was diagnosed ill, thought he had a simple allergy and was something much worse

On donor, a young man of 22 years, was allergic to this food and, according to specialists, commented that it is not common that the person receiving the transplant has the same characteristics. Now the woman who is the transplant product can not eat almonds, ketchup, coconut and hazelnuts. Doctors will continue to study to see if this allergy is reduced or will be a bit chronic.


Source link