ReutersJun 06, 2019 10:16:57 IST
The first US astronauts chosen to fly the NASA's SpaceX capsule have rejected a series of designs and tests, saying that such obstacles are "part of the process," and the new technology was far more advanced than the space shuttle program that ended eight years ago.
Space shuttle veterans Bob Behenen (48) and Doug Hurley (52) have been scheduled for an explosion later this year or in 2020 from Cape Canaveral, Florida, in a debut summer crew of the crew crew capsule to the International Space Station and back.
Then, two astronauts, Mike Hopkins (50) and Victor Glover (43), were appointed to launch the first official operational mission of the vehicle, possibly with two other crew members from other countries.
Astronauts have expressed confidence in the capabilities and safety of space vehicles that are developing New NASA commercial partnerships. They also said that space flight business is not always orderly and clean.
"People to a certain extent think they are pretty glamorous enough to be able to enter the universe, but it's actually inconvenient camping," Hurley told Reuters in recent interviews with astronauts conducted at NASA's Johnson Space Center in Houston.
Headquartered in California SpaceX, a private enterprise owned by a billionaire entrepreneur Elon Musksuccessfully launched an unmanned crew of the crew of a space station in March on a test mission known as Demo 1. The capsule safely splashed into the Atlantic and was restored several days later.
But next month, on April 20, SpaceX experienced a high profile when the same Crew crew it blew during a test to test the emergency switches of the vehicle, designed to boost the capsule and its crew to safety from the top of the rocket in the event of failure of the launch.
There is a crash Anxious schedule for launching SpaceX. NASA said Space Space had "re-examined target tests" for the crew of the mission – previously scheduled for July. NASA's latest schedule now has the first unmanned drone crew of Starliner's Bombardier crew, which is scheduled to be held in August before the mission of SpaceX's debut team, carrying Behnken and Hurley.
The April crash, which SpaceX and NASA called an "anomaly" in the irony of engineers from the aerospace space station, is under investigation, although the astronaut's team has received "remarkable" access to the SpaceX-led investigation, Behnken said.
"Generally speaking, the anomaly that has happened to us in the past is the best kind of thing, because we will understand it … and we will make sure that this will not happen again," said Bekenk. "We are carriers of risk, and being informed of that risk is also important."
Hopkins said: "This is part of the process, it's not surprising that this happened. We all want to have some of these problems, but … as long as you have a good process, a good team is put together, you can get through them. "
On Crew crew and Rocket 9 which spacecraft into orbit are the creations of SpaceX. The first crew, with the launch of the two, would mark a milestone not only for the company Mask, but also for NASA in its search for the resumption of human space flights from the United States after nearly a decade.
NASA pays SpaceX and Boeing Co with almost $ 7 billion combined for each to build launch systems and capsules to transfer astronauts to the space station. After NASA completed its space shuttle program in 2011, US astronauts had to fly to the Russian Soyuz spacecraft on missions in the orbital research lab.
Tech2 is now on WhatsApp. For all the buzz of the latest technology and science, register for our WhatsApp services. Just go to Tech2.com/Whatsapp and press the Subscribe button.